Thank you for your interest in our off the track thoroughbreds. Once you have read the information below about procedures and protocol please submit the form below. These horses have been evaluated, rehabilitated and in many cases have had retraining for a new career. Please understand you are adopting an off the track thoroughbred. These horses have been retired from a racing career. Each horse has been given plenty of down time to adjust to living life as a normal horse. Many of our horses have been evaluated for soundness and adaptability by the veterinary staff at the race track. Any information available that will provide insight into the rehabilitation or future career of our horses will be disclosed to a potential adopter at the time of inquiry. We are also willing to answer any questions you may have about a particular horse, our procedures, and future training methods.
- PPE's (Pre-purchase exams) are welcomed by our farm and organization. If you do not have a vet to conduct a PPE, we can provide a vet to suit your needs. Most of our thoroughbreds come with diagnostics beforehand such as radio-graphs and ultrasounds that are available to any interested party. A PPE is the financial responsibility of the interested party.
- An application must be filled out and returned to us in it's entirety prior to meeting our horses. Our applications are simple and ensure our horses are safe, secure and receive the best homes possible. We track every horse for their entire lifetime. As new owners obtain full ownership of our horses, any horses that are being transferred in a sale, lease or "give away" situation must be reported back to JHF Re3 Adoption and Therapy for a transfer contract.
- Minors under the age of 18 must have a parent contact us prior to scheduling an appointment.
- In case a horse is unable to be supported financially, or unable to be cared for - they may be returned to JHF Re3 Adoption and Therapy with all monetary efforts forfeited with no questions asked. The cost of transportation of the horse back to the facility is the responsibility of the adopter.
- Appointments MUST be Scheduled in advance to ensure the availability of our staff.
- If you are interested in a horse, a 20% deposit may be made on the horse's fee/price. This is a non-refundable deposit and ensure's a security on the horse for 14 days after the date the horse officially becomes available for adoption.
- Horses may be tried on premises - no trails will be allowed.
If you have not submitted the digital application above you can click on the link to the right to download an application.